I spy an old picture. Sorry, I ran in Alex’s hood yesterday and didn’t take a picture. But this is the outfit I wore haha. You can tell this is old because I don’t run with my knee strap anymore! My knee is completely better now which is awesome
The thoughts on this run should be fun because I ran a different route, so they aren’t the same thoughts you have read and read over and over.
5 Miles in 39:42 [7:56 per mile]
I’ll give you a pre run update. Before the run Alex and I spent about 2 hours outside in the heat. I was sanding our future kitchen table and he was taping and painting our kitchen chairs. The wood dust was awful and pretty much got everywhere. Needless to say my run at 4:30pm was not the greatest, but not awful either.
Thoughts on the run
- This sun is really hot.
- I hope this route isn’t too hilly.
- I hope I find a drinking fountain along the way! I don’t have those at home!
- OH the shaded sidewalk is nice.
- SO much dust, please stop getting in my eyes. (construction site)
- Time to turn down this road. Aww what a cute dog. Hello lady, your dog is cute.
- Drinking fountain!! WAHOO!! It’s not too cold, but better than nothing.
- Time to cross the street.
- PLEASE NO!! Of course, my ipod would die 2.2 miles in. Wonderful.
- Gosh it is hot. Wish my ipod was working.
- Time to turn around.
- Hi lady running, maybe we should run together. Naw, doesn’t look like it.
- Drinking fountain stop #2.
- There are a lot of cyclists out. How cool.
- Why yes I can tell you how to get to the pool. Straight and on the right.
- NICE! I just gave directions. Good thing it was to the pool, otherwise I wouldn’t know.
- Train tracks, please don’t trip.
- I am going to spray the hose all over me when I get back. Yes I AM!
- I can see it! ALMOST THERE!!
Before I found the drinking fountains I did think of asking one of the cyclists for a drink. It wasn’t a serious thought, more of a “what would they do if I asked” because if it were me I’d be like, no dude. ha
I am collecting recipes for a possible “apartment cookbook” that semi easy and inexpensive. So if you have any suggestions please let me know! Links are helpful too If you’d rather email me your entire collection then that works too lol
snthierry [at] gmail [dot] com
Don’t forget to enter the RoadID giveaway if you haven’t! You have until Sunday!
Q: Do you enjoy running new places? I remember running in florida on Longboat Key and it was enjoyable besides the heat. However, at night I was extremely creeped out and never did that again.
Q: What are some of your favorite things to cook?
Q: What are your favorite cookbooks?