5 Miles in 37:45 [7:33 per mile]
speed development: 4 x ins&outs: 50m ascending, 50m at 90%, 50m at descending
I had a 5 mile run today but it was also the first day we start speed development. Which basically with about 10-15 minutes left of your run you do speed work and then finish your run after.
So I decided to wear my racing flats picture above and ended up owning my first part of my run. Then I hit up the track for my ins & outs and then did recovery.
Thoughts on the run
- These shoes feel great
- It’s not too bad outside. The weather is kind of nice.
- This is my first time ever wearing two sports bras, how funny.
- Holy cow that reeks. I can’t wait for the day this raccoon goes away.
- Looks like it might storm.
- Time to head to the track
- OH I hope the water fountain is on.
- These ins & outs are fun
- Guess I should take off my ipod since that thunderstorm is coming my way.
- Rain would feel good.
- Time to get another drink and finish up
- YAY another sprinkler!!
- Hi whoever is waving to me!
- Dang my mileage is off, I have to keep running. Bye house, see you shortly.
- Good timing. It’s getting ready to pour.
I probably won’t be blogging tomorrow. If all goes well I am heading to Cape unless this weather doesn’t get better.
Don’t forget to enter the RoadID giveaway!!
Q: Do you like speed training?
Q: What’s your favorite workout?
Q: Do you like running in the rain?