This is my intimidating face and pose. I mean just look how ripped I am. Imagine the rolls are really a 6 pack and then picture it. haha!!!!
Anyway, I destroyed my run today. It was a gorgeous 75 degrees.
6 Miles in 45:40 [7:36 per mile]
Thoughts on the Run
- My gosh it’s gorgeous outside!! I’m a little chilly just standing here.
- I swear if that raccoon (its not a possum. I checked) is still there I’m going to flip!!
- OH MY GOSH It smells AWFUL! Somebody remove this animal please!
- Please don’t stare at me while I wait at the intersection, it’s a bit creepy.
- Garmin decided to be off a bit today. Good thing I can manually lap the mile and he’ll catch on for the others.
- Thank goodness!!! They cut the grass finally!!!!
- It’s starting to sprinkle, I hope it rains!!!
- Darn, just a tease. No rain. Sun go away please. It was nice when you were gone.
- I really wish the pool still had a drinking fountain. Hopefully they get one so I can stop there.
- Time to stretch real quick and head back.
- I like out and backs because the heading back part makes things go by faster and better.
- I can’t believe how much the weather makes a difference on running pace.
- I feel great!! This is awesome.
- OH MY 7:12 pace? REALLY?! I cannot wait to race!
- Good thing I have an off day because this pace today is something that will probably not happen for awhile I’m sure.
- My body might need a nice recover, so let’s book it in anyway!
There’s one part on my run that I like to pick up pace and basically do a stride. Not a sprint but a stride during my run. It’s usually between two stop lights that I always have to stop at and they are about 150m apart from each other, it’s pretty fun!
Other news. I ran 5 miles friday (not timed) and 4 miles Saturday on the indoor track in our school’s rec center because I was in Cape for the day. That run went amazing and also pretty quick. I guesstimate it to be around 7:45ish pace for that run. Can’t really get an accurate pace unless I counted the laps and no thank you.
Our apartment is gorgeous and I absolutely LOVE it!!
Q: Do you like running in the rain? I love it!! I hate starting out running in the rain but love when it starts raining during my run!
Q: If you know you have an off day the next day do you push yourself the day before or just stay the same? Normally I just run how my body feels, but at the end of my run I kind of picked up the pace a bit because I knew I didn’t have to run tomorrow and I kind of wanted to get some speed work in. It was mainly me focusing on form up this hill to get to my house hah. Instead of letting the hill kick my butt like usual, I put it into gear and destroyed it.