Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tangent Tuesday!

1. I’ve recently posted these sticky notes all around my room, okay, actually Alex (the bf) did. I wrote them and he posted them. Anyway, they are simply a reminder of what I want to accomplish this Saturday and what I have to do to make it happen.

204634_1663131900679_1308660552_31602612_3416004_o

2. CSN offered me a $25 code to get something from their website and out of everything they possibly have to offer I ordered a backpack. Why? Because the side pockets to hold my water bottles broke on my old backpack. However, this backpack doesn’t even have side pockets. But I just absolutely loved it and spent $12 extra to get it. I also found a spot for my water bottle anyway.

P3290094

3. I got so excited making pages in my running journal that I made pages before I even have anything to write on the page next to them. These are my favorites:

P3280075

Quotes from the page:

  • “The workouts you do in the weeks before the big race are the ones that benefit you on race day, not the one you do a few days before.”
  • “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender” – Vince Lombard
  • “Some people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts” – Steve Prefontaine
  • “It’s YOU vs YOU”
  • “You can’t run from your problems, but you’ll both feel a little lighter when you get back”

P3280076

  • “I used to run with doubt. Now she can’t keep up.”
  • “Sure you’ve flirted with quitting every now and then. But as long as you don’t act on it, running with pretend not to notice.”
  • “Run hard, play hard”
  • “Running seems to break down barriers. We are so exposed, huffing and puffing, purified by effort. Briefly removed from our defense, we feel less need to hide our private thoughts, loves and fears we share.” – Amby Burfoot

P3280077

P3280081

The picture in the top left is Kara Goucher and her sister hah.

P3280082

P3280084

  • “When you feel the sting of sweat in your eyes, push through”
  • “Run with Passion”
  • “Fear No Run”
  • “Haul Ass”
  • “When exhaustion gets tired. When agony doubles over in pain. When defeat waves a white flag. I will still be out here. Running”

Q: What are your favorite running quotes?

Q: What do you do for inspiration?

sig

0 footprints:

Post a Comment