Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Preparation is Key

P3280057

I prepped for my Tuesday workout by placing my clothes out early since I had a 6:30 wakeup call for a 7am workout.

The workout was a 2 x 3mile tempo and the worst workout of my life.

1st set - 21:11 ran by myself
7:13
7:05
6:52


2nd set - 21:07 coach ran with me
7:09
7:08
6:50

I felt like a big piece of poop the whole time hah.

I was supposed to average 7:00 for each set I believe. I hit 7:04 and 7:02 which isn’t too bad. I guess I just felt worse than that so it didn’t feel too good.

Total mileage for the day: 7.6 miles

Then I spent my night with this guy:

P3280058

How wonderful right?

Today’s workout was quite different.

I cross trained to help my foot recover.

63 minutes on the spin bike

IMAG0064

IMAG0063

Yes that is my good friend, the literature book, up there. I got all my reading done in the 63 minutes biking.

I worked up a sweat and was probably huffing and puffing during my biking because all I was thinking about was this weekend and next weekend and my racing. How everything I do now will make me better. Hopefully my sweat and heavy breathing wasn’t too gross/disruptive.

IMAG0066

Good news!!!

I got a second interview for a summer job this summer. Which is exciting because I need one!

Q: Did anything exciting happen to you today? Obviously my phone call I received about my job was exciting!

Q: Don’t you hate when you aren’t allowed to run? I usually do, but today I actually enjoyed the bike. It was nice to get off my foot and the pounding. Plus I got to get all of my homework done!

sig

0 footprints:

Post a Comment