Monday, February 21, 2011

First Collegiate Indoor Race

So on Friday I had my first indoor race ever. The wonderful 3k. I absolutely LOVED that distance.

I had to be at the rec center at 4:30 and our race didn’t start until 7:30. We actually thought the boys race was first but we found out 10 minutes before our race that we were first. How? My teammates were going to the bathroom and saw the other girls spiked up at the starting area. Wonderful.

We hurried so fast to get our stuff and get prepared for the race with strides and stretching.

The race was incredibly comfortable. There were two runners that took off from the start and I didn’t even bother trying to go with them. So I just let them go. I actually had no idea how to even race or what to do so I just listened to my coach. Each lap he’d say “stay the pace and stay relaxed” which is what I did. Probably too relaxed. I felt like I was on a training run.

IMG_9393

Tip: Chewing gum helps one avoid dry mouth on the indoor track.

Con: You have extremely bad pictures because your mouth is always in weird poses.

I had a great time racing this 3k and hope to do more in the future.

IMG_9402

I have no splits for you but my official time was: 11:57

Translates into this:

  • 3 Kilometers in 11:57 [6:24 per mile] [3:59 per kilometer]
  • I got 4th place out of 8
  • My 3k pr (only have done one previous) was 13:23 from 12/12/2009
  • That is 7:11 pace

sig

0 footprints:

Post a Comment