Monday, June 6, 2011

Scare off the Heat

So looking back, I guess I haven’t posted about my run since Thursday. So let’s catch up.

Friday

I ran at 8:30 at night because it was 97 degrees all day basically.

4 Miles in 32:19 [8:04 per mile]

8:34
8:15
7:56
7:33

Saturday

I didn’t time this at all. But I ran 4 miles. Since I ran so late the night before and this was at 7:30am, I didn’t care about pace or time. I knew I didn’t have much recovery so I just went out and ran my normal 4 mile route.

Sunday

IMG_9623

This is my “Ah look at me, I’m going to go destroy my run. Screw the heat! It has nothing against me.” OR “The heat will take one look at me, especially this face and won’t bother me anymore”

6 Miles in 48:18 [8:03 per mile]

8:16
8:16
8:00
8:07
7:57
7:38

Thoughts on the run

  1. Having new music really makes running more fun
  2. Oh my god a dead animal! That better not smell
  3. I hate this side of the road, the sidewalk is all broken and in pieces.
  4. The sno cone place better have water.
  5. I bet this family wishes I was wearing a shirt right now
  6. Move out of the way, I’m going to run into you lady!
  7. Ew, it smells like that guy ran over dog poop with his lawn mower
  8. It’s nice and shady this way. I might run here more often
  9. Except there’s this wonderful hill right here that is a pain
  10. Time to turn around and head back
  11. Oh hi people staring at me from your car. Yes I know I look awesome
  12. Is it weird for me to be smiling while running?
  13. I cannot wait for cross country. I have never wanted anything more than improve so much.
  14. I miss cape. But not cape hills.
  15. Mmmm papa johns for dinner. I cannot wait to get back!!

Can we get a HOORAH because I have less than a week left of my summer class! Also I finally found a job which I could not be more excited about!

Q: What is the worst thing someone has yelled at you while running/working out?

Q: Do you plan your runs based on water locations?

sig

0 footprints:

Post a Comment