Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Goals

Blog Goals

Comment More

Sometimes I get too lazy to comment even though I really want to. Or other times I’m too intimidated because there are so many bloggers I read who get mass amounts of comments. So this year I will just comment whenever I have something to say and just do it!

Work more on the blog

I really want to enhance the blog somehow. I’m not really sure what to do to make it better, so I’m taking advice and opinions if you have any!

Workout Goals

Break 20 minutes for the 5k

Ah, this one is exciting. I most likely would’ve broken 21 in 2010 so breaking 20 is going to be slightly challenging but reachable. Whether it be on the track or next cross season, it will be done.

Run at least 42 minutes for the 10k

This one will have to happen soon, considering track will be approaching quickly and it will be the only time I have to run a 10k in the 2011 year. 42 minutes is 6:46 pace for 6.2 miles. That means I would have to run two 21 minutes 5k’s together. To put this in perspective that is me running a little faster than my PR twice in a row. So this one is going to be a challenge, but I work my butt off and have the mentality of a long distance runner, so hopefully that will carry me through.

Bike More

My poor road bike gets no attention from me. Why is that? Because I’m afraid to ride it, especially since I am constantly training for running that I fear falling off the bike or getting hit and not being able to run. Running is my main priority in my life, yes this may be sad to some people, but it is my life and I love that. So biking kind of intimidates me. But for 2011, especially in the summer, I want to find a beginner’s group or something to get me feeling comfortable riding my road bike and comfortable riding on the road.

Personal Goals

Send and receive more snail mail

I don’t know about you but I LOVE getting mail. I also love sending it, so if you are interested in sending letters or fun things back and forth let me know. I also enjoy mailing my bracelets and trading bracelets for other things or other bracelets that others make. Liz made a really cute bracelet that I absolutely love! She’s my snail mail buddy! Hi Liz!!

Read more!

Since I just got so many new books for Christmas and I won a Kindle (yes I won a kindle, you’ll hear more about that later) So now I really want to read all the books I have! But I have to balance school with reading for enjoyment which is irritating but school comes first.

 

I didn’t want to make too many goals because I like having the opportunity to achieve most if not all the goals I set. Having a list of too many will take away from the ones that mean the most to me as well.

Q: What are some of your goals for this year?

sig

0 footprints:

Post a Comment